Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sunday Morning Worship

Sunday's Service was another good worship service. We had a new addition to the worship team in drummer Coby Decker. We may have to have a building program just to accomodate the worship team. I pray God is blessed by our worship. Psalms says God inhabits the praises of His people. The presence of the Lord was surly in our service on Sunday.

Wes Latham brought the message and he really gave us a lot of food for thought ie a bit of conviction. If you weren't convicted by this sermon you were either asleep or you need to check your heart.

Wes message was based on James 4:13-17
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.


Wes talked about dealing with surface issues when we need to deal with the root issues.
We have the delusion of Self Sovergnity:
1. First danger is putting ME in the center of my universe. Sin is more than outward. It is not Your Party. The Party that is coming is the Wedding Feast.
2. My goal in life is "making a profit, being successful instead of Christ. Matt.6:19
Prov. 6:6-7 "6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.Godliness with contentment is great gain."
3.I cannot accept the "mystery" of life. I want more control. We must embrace His Soverignty even when we don't understand. Deu.29:29 "The secret things belong to the Lord." If I win I praise Him, If I lose I praise Him.
4. I forget eternity and live for today. Ps. 90:12 "So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom." Life is a vapor
5. I fail to live submissively and reject authority. It is an attitude of the heart.
Matt. 6:10 "your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
6. I desire praise of men, therefore I boast not in Christ but in me. Root is boasting in Me. Yea Me. John15:5 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. We can do nothing apart from Christ the vine.

There is no difference in our arrogance or our self pit.
Arrogance is believing in my own strength which equals pride.
Self Pity is believing in my weakness which equals pride.

We had a good time of prayer and ministry after the service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! We have drums!